Managing editor | Director of content | Editor-in-chief
Mat is a highly experienced communications professional with an exceptional record of leading content teams to success. Well-versed in editorial and communications processes, having held senior positions in some of the world’s biggest and most successful publishing companies. Proven ability to build teams, nurture talent and deliver growth, online and in print. Extensive knowledge of international markets, in particular Asia and Europe. Special expertise in digital platform creation, social media, visual solutions, consumer titles, multi-platform products and global brands.
Editing | Communication | Copywriting | Brand development | Building successful teams | Custom media | Relationship management | Photography | Travel and lifestyle journalism | Project management | WordPress builds and management | Problem-solving
- Won both editorial and marketing awards while leading the Time Out Hong Kong team.
- Doubled online traffic and built a 9k social media following from scratch for Angloinfo Hong Kong.
- Produced a high-impact campaign for the Irish Festival on behalf of the Consulate General of Ireland.
- Led the team for IPC Time Warner’s first interactive digital magazine, Better Digital Photography and won Digital Magazine of the Year 2010 (Specialist).
- Planned and hosted Hong Kong’s biggest society dinner for over 400 people, as President of the St Patrick’s Society.
- Managing editor (US), T3.com
- Luxury, travel and technology writer, Freelance
- Director of content, PowerPublish
- Product marketing communications manager, Ship.Cars
- Director of content, Nexus Media Asia
Hong Kong, 07/2016-12/2018
- Managing editor, Time Out Hong Kong
Hong Kong, 06/2014-7/2016
- Chief sub-editor and acting deputy editor, Time Out Beijing
Beijing, China, 05/2013-04/2014
- Deputy editor, Amateur Photographer Magazine
IPC Time Inc, London, UK, 11/2010-09/2012
- Ireland Network Chicago
Committee member 6/2019-5/2021
- St Patrick’s Society Hong Kong
Committee member 9/2017-8/2019, President 9/2017-8/2019
- Irish Chamber of Commerce Macau
Board member 9/2017-8/2019
- Foreign Correspondents’ Club Hong Kong
- Irish Network China (Beijing)
Committee member 1/2013-4/2014